TRIP DATES: June 9-15, 2018.
TRIP COST: $795 if flying with us from Houston; $335 if driving from your location to the Ranch.
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
• Must be in reasonably good physical condition (no difficulty walking on uneven ground or working at a 9,000 ft elevation).
• 16 years of age or older. If under 16, an adult family member or legal guardian must also be on the trip.
• Team members 16-17 years of age not traveling with an adult family member must provide proof of medical insurance.
• If flying from Houston, $460 airfare cost is required upon registration to secure a ticket. Tickets will not be held unless payment is made. 18 tickets are available. The remaining cost of the trip is due on or before June 1, 2019.
• If driving, $335 is due on or before June 1, 2019.
REGISTER HERE - Complete STEPS 1 - 3
• STEP 2: MAKE A TRIP PAYMENT. Trip payments can be made through the link below or checks/money orders mailed to:
Click Family Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 549, Porter, Tx 77365
• STEP 3: COMPLETE WAIVER FORMS (Forms are due within ten days of application and deposit)
18 years and older? CLICK HERE (complete form online)
Under 18 years of age? Parents or legal guardian CLICK HERE. When document opens, press Ctrl P (Windows) or Cmd P (Mac) to print. Please sign, notarize and return to Click Family Foundation, Inc., P.O.Box 549, Porter, TX 77365 or email to:
Important Note: Team members under the age of 18 cannot travel with the team unless proof of insurance is provided.
ADDITIONAL TRIP INFO
DESTINATION: Westcliffe, Colorado
TRIP DATES: Sunday, June 9 - Saturday, June 15, 2019.
LODGING: Uplift Mountain Lodge
WHERE WE WORK: Eagles Summit Ranch, property of the Roever Foundation (15 minutes from Uplift Mountain.
WHAT WE DO: Paint, repair/build fences, mow, clean, spray weed killer, weed eat, etc., on the Eagles Summit Ranch property.
SCHEDULE: Monday and Saturday are travel days. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are work days. Friday is our "FUN DAY!"
TRIP COST: $795 if you fly with us from Houston. $335 if you drive to the Ranch.
YOUR TRIP PAYMENT COVERS:
IF FLYING WITH US, $795 - Airline ticket, lodging at Uplift Mountain, lunch at Eagle Summit Ranch (on work days) and group transportation to and from the Colorado Springs airport.
IF DRIVING, $335 - Everything above except airline ticket and group transportation from the Colorado Springs airport.
WHAT TO WEAR (modesty is the rule): Morning and evening temps are chilly. A light jacket or warm hoodie are needed. Day hours are much warmer. We work at 9,000 ft elevation. On work days wear jeans, t-shirts, work boots or tennis shoes. It is not possible to work in flip-flops or sandals. It's cooler in the morning so layering is advised. Bring trashy work clothes your mom (or you) won't mind coming home paint stained. We do a LOT of painting and staining. For the evening, t-shirts, jeans, modest shorts, etc., are appropriate. Be modest. No exceptions.
If you get in the cold tub (and we do mean COLD) - GUYS: Shorts or loose swim trunks. GIRLS: One-piece swim suits only. If you bring a two-piece, a non-see-through shirt or cover-up is required.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS TO BRING:
1. Picture ID for airline check-in (driver's license or school ID card). Required by the airline.
2. Sunscreen and Chapstick (due to high elevation).
3. Your Bible for evening devotions.
4. A hat or cap.
5. Heavy-duty work gloves (one pair). We provide plastic gloves for painting.
6. Sunglasses are a definite must.
7. Water bottle or thermos. Dehydration is a problem due to the high altitude.
8. Proof of medical insurance.
1. The lodge provides no internet or telephone service. A local number will be available for your family to call in case of an emergency.
2. There are no laundry facilities available. Please bring enough clothes to last the week.
3. Luggage allowance: because room is tight in the vans between airport and lodge, please bring only a backpack and a small, carry-on suitcase. For answers to all your luggage questions, please click United Baggage Carry-On Restrictions.
1. If you travel with more than a backpack and carry-on suitcase, the airlines will charge YOU $25 extra each way. As luggage space in the vans is limited, if you must bring a large suitcase, please let us know ahead of time.
2. $10 for Monday fast-food lunch on the way to Uplift Mountain.
3. Snacks are available at Uplift Mountain ($1-$1.50 for chips, candy, drinks) or you can bring your own.
4. Thursday night we eat dinner out and go bowling! Thanks to a generous corporate sponsor, your meal and first game of bowling is paid. Additional bowling and/or food is your cost.
5. Spending money for Friday FUN DAY includes any personal shopping you want to do (souvenirs) or ticket admission for activities such as zip lining, rafting, or park admission. More info coming soon.
6. Friday FUN DAY lunch. We usually eat at Pizza Madness. The Click Family Foundation pays for your pizza and drinks. We ask that you leave a GENEROUS tip for your waitress.
7. Any spending money you want to spend at the airport Saturday morning while we wait to catch the plane home.
Email DebbieClick@ClickFamilyFoundation.org if you have questions.